Monday, November 27, 2006

The L Word & Crackberry



During the eight months I was involuntarily separated from S, (she here in LA, me stuck in Australia sorting out Visa issues) I made her promise that she would not watch season three of the L Word without me. Sticking to her word, one of the first things we did upon my arrival was couch down for a marathon L Word session, breaking only to have sex, go to the bathroom and get snacks. Now I am starting to regret this unabashed lack of restraint. To use the Easter egg analogy; am I forever going to be that little kid who unwraps and consumes every last Easter egg in her pile until she slumps into a sugar induced coma?
Now what are we supposed to do? Wait until season four? That's just not fucking fair. I need to know if Bette is finally going to dump Tina’s boring ass for good and who Shane is going to jilt next.

On a positive note, S and I have decided to expand into strap-on territory, which is really quite a big step for the two of us who are still quite new to girl on girl. Have yet to make a purchase but what can I say? Shane really is inspirational.



S asked the other day if I had heard of Pinkberry. My first thought was that she was talking about a sexy lingerie store. Or possibly one of those PDA’s – like a Black Berry for girls. She was actually referring to frozen yoghurt. Unbeknownst to me this Pinkberry yoghurt has become some kind of LA cultural phenomenon (apologies for the bad pun). It is meant to be so addictive it has been dubbed Crackberry. With so much hype I had no choice but to follow the flock and try the damn stuff. After dealing with the horrors of WeHo traffic and jostling in line for 20 minutes, S and I finally emerged, cup-o-crack in hand from the kiwi-colored yogurt shop. Awaiting some kind of sensory delight I plunged a spoonful into my mouth. It tasted like, um, well frozen yogurt. I really don’t know what I was expecting but this was at best, one step up from a McDonalds McFlurry. S felt the same way – completely under whelmed. Can somebody please explain, as I certainly don’t believe in the power of Crack and quite frankly was rather pissed that I’d spent nearly five bucks on the Crack. I guess that’s LA for you.

No comments: